Tuesday, January 14, 2020

PURSUIT - Day 10 - Speak To It

"Jesus said, I assure you and most solemnly say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!' and does not doubt in his heart [in God's unlimited power], but believes that what he says is going to take place, it will be done for him [in accordance with God's will]."  Mark 11:23 (AMP)

Perhaps you've underestimated the power of speaking out loud to your enemies, mountains and seemingly insurmountable obstacles that lie between you and God's best for your life.  Jesus was quite clear that the release point of power is when we "speak to it."  In your devotional time today, I want you to consider the power of audible, intentional declarations that are in alignment with the Word of God and filled with faith.  Lift your voice to a new level of faith, intensity, and volume.  Although meditation is powerful, it's not enough to meditate on God's ability to move the mountains.  It's not enough to call the intercessors or ask others to pray about your mountain (although the prayers of agreement are powerful).  The operative words, the release point, the power moments are found in these words of Jesus. . . "whoever says to this mountain."

CHANGING SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL REALITIES

Let's consider how we receive salvation and become believers.  Romans 10:9-10 says, "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  Belief without confession  does not bring about supernatural change; neither does confession or declaration apart from a living faith; it takes both!  This principle is first seen in the first three verses of the Bible and throughout the Word.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters.  And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.  Then God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light."   Genesis 1:1-3
Three elements from this verse are present every single time we pray prayers that bring effective change:
  • THE MESS - "The earth was formless and void."  According to the Amplified Bible, the earth was an empty formless waste.  This speaks of the mountain, the trial, and the mess of our lives that looks beyond repair or change.
  • THE SPIRIT - "The Spirit of God was hovering."  This speaks of our prayer time when we encounter and are empowered by the Holy Spirit.  It's worth noting that the Holy Spirit is not opposed to hovering over the mess.  God is not nervous or embarrassed by the messes in our lives.  The Holy Spirit will come close and get involved with your worst-case scenario situations!
  • THE SPOKEN WORD - "Then God said."  The Holy Spirit was hovering, but nothing happened until God spoke.  This reveals our need to speak out the will and Word of God over the situation.
When we truly believe what God is going to do, we will speak it out!

The reverse of that principle is true as well.  When we allow unbelief, doubt, and fear to gain the upper hand, we find ourselves speaking in agreement with the circumstances and lies of the enemy.

In 2009 - 2010, I went through a prolonged trial in which I suffered through a season of loss, discouragement, and confusion that really led to me a place of deep depression and eventually despair; even to the place of feeling suicidal.  It was only by the grace of God and the prayers of people who loved me that brought me out of a very dark pit.  As this dark valley truly became my reality, I began to lose my desire to praise God, my desire to worship, my desire to even speak His Word in my life; the very same Word that I had pledged my life to, the Word that I loved and was striving to live out each day grew silent in my life.  Yes, I still loved Jesus and wanted to do His will.  Yes I desired my life to matter, but because of the darkness and chaos and loss that I felt in my heart, God's voice in my life was slowly being silenced by a very real enemy, becuase my focus was on the impending darkness instead of the light of God's Word.  The changing point came for me, really the breaking point for me came when at the end of my rope I decided that I would not go down in silence.  Everytime I came to church, I couldn't wait to hear God's Word, and I couldn't wait for the Pastor to make the altar call, and I went and knelt before God and declared His Word over my life.  "I am His child.  I am not what others have said about me.  I am not the sum results of my bad decisions.  God is for me.  God is with me.  Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world."  I determined that each day I would wake up and make these declarations over my life.  The more I declared; the more I spoke His Word over my life, the darkness began to dissipate and I sincerely felt God begin to call light out of the darkness in my life.  Without the support of Life Church and Pastor Thompson, I'd not be alive - but if it wasn't for my decision to declare His Word in my life, I would still be wandering in darkness and His creative ability in me would have been silenced.

RECLAIM AND ACTIVATE THE WEAPON OF YOUR VOICE

In the Old Testament, the children of Israel, because of sin, were taken into captivity, and over time they willfully hung up their instruments of praise and forsook their songs of victory.  They felt so defeated that the very songs that were filled with the Word of God and declarations of victory became something of their past.  And today the same thing happens.  Because of the darkness or the despair we find ouselves in sometimes, we willingly lay down our harps; we hang up our instruments of praise; we shut down our voice that was designed to declare the very works of God.  Today I would ask you that when you are tempted to "hang up your harp" (Psalm 137:1-4), and forsake your song of praise, that's the time to shake yourself and resolve that the enemy will not have your voice!  You will not stay silent.  Be clear on this decision today and join your voice with the great Psalmist and warriors of the faith who declared:
"I will bless the Lord at all times - His praise will continually be in my mouth.  My soul will boast in the Lord.  I will lift up my voice.
"The dead do not praise the Lord.  Nor do any who go down into silence; But as for us, we will bless and affectionately and gratefully praise the Lord.  From this time forth and forever Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!)"  Psalm 115:17-18 (AMP) 
Today, let's not complain or pray about our mountains; let's decide to be obedient and with childlike faith, sing praises over your battle and speak to your mountain!  Are you ready?

TAKE A MOMENT - Identify and name the top three highest mountains, trials, or oppositions in your life.  You probably won't have to think very long, as you have been staring at these intimitdating mountains for a while.  Once you've identified and named them, you will see them for what they are, a defying force of hell, an obstacle that is keeping you from God's call on your life, a demonic attack on your family, health, or emotions.  As you enter into your prayer time, speak directly to those issues, and do what Jesus told you to do. . . "say to the mountain!"

MEMORY VERSE - "I believed; therfore, I have spoken.  Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak."  2 Corinthians 4:13

PRAYER DIRECTIVE - Today, we come in the authority of the name that is above every name, the might name of Jesus!  We speak to the longstanding and intimidating issues that appear to be immovable obstructions.  We speak to the mountains in our life!  Take some time to find verses in the Word that specifically deal with your mountain.  A simple word search on www.blueletterbible.org or www.biblegateway.com will get you started.  Spend time speaking those verses out loud, letting faith fill your heart as you declare the Word, then speak to it!  Do not be discouraged or dissuaded if you do not see immediate change, thank God that His Word is true, and continue to ask, seek, knock, and declare the Word of God until the mountains move!

Adapted from PURSUIT, by Dave Patterson, 2019, The Father's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment